Tell the Calif. Senate: End overdose deaths
This Wednesday (September 13), an important public health bill Assembly Bill 186 fell two votes short of the 21 votes needed to pass the California State Senate.
This bill would have allowed several California counties to pilot programs for safe consumption sites (SCS). SCS are hygienic spaces for people to use pre-obtained controlled substances under the supervision of trained staff. SCS saves lives.
The fight is not over. We can find 2 more votes!
Urge these six senators to vote YES:
- Senator Cathleen Galgiani (D – Stockton)
- Senator Steve Glazer (D – Contra Costa)
- Senator Tony Mendoza (D – Whittier)
- Senator Richard Pan (D – Sacramento)
- Senator Anthony Portantino (D – La Cañada Flintridge)
- Senator Henry Stern (D – Canoga Park)
Send your senator an email. Take action now! Click here for more information!